Texas Judicial Branch
The Texas Judicial Branch has launched a digital evidence portal that provides a standard solution for the submission, management, and storage of exhibits in trial courts that have adopted the service. The digital evidence portal provides convenient 24/7 online access to upload, review, manage, and share exhibits among judges, attorneys, and litigants during virtual or in-person court hearings. To participate, parties to the case must be invited by the court. Currently, the portal is available using a product from Thomson Reuters called "Case Center" (formerly CaseLines).
How to participate
Attorneys and other parties to a case can register for Case Center, but keep in mind the court must be using the digital evidence portal, and you must be invited to use it on a case-by-case basis.
If your case has been selected to use Case Center, you will receive an email inviting you into the case. You can then register for or sign into Case Center and click on “View Case List” button at the top of the screen. If you have multiple cases, scroll down to select the case you wish to view. You can also narrow your search by applying a filter, and you can give other professionals in your office access to your cases.
Courts that wish to start using the digital evidence portal can contact the Office of Court Administration to get started.
Training & Support
Access reference guides and training topics with videos at the Case Center help site.
For help using Case Center:
- Get self-help by visiting the Thomson Reuters Support Center website.
- Request help from Thomson Reuters by signing into Case Center, selecting “Support,” then “Create Support Case,” and filling out and submitting the form.
- Email email@example.com. Include your name, contact info, case info and issue.
- Call (800) 290-9378
For Information or questions regarding a case or court process, please contact the court where the case is heard.
The following courts are participating in the Digital Evidence Platform program:
- Webb County - Court at Law 2 - Judge Victor Villareal
Child Support Courts
- Chambers, Liberty, Walker Counties - Judge Baker
- Collins, Ellis, Kaufman, Rockwall Counties - Judge Dukes