|Wednesday, Dec. 14
||Paul Quinn College
|9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
|10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
||Welcoming and Opening Remarks
- Chief Justice Nathan Hecht, Supreme Court of Texas
- Presiding Judge Sharon Keller, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Justice Jeff Brown, Supreme Court of Texas
- Justice Eva Guzman, Supreme Court of Texas
- President Michael Sorrell, Paul Quinn College
|10:30 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
- Chief Art Acevedo, Houston Police Department
|10:50 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
|11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||Viewpoints: Life-Altering Moments (Testimonials)
- Chief Judge Eric Washington, D.C. Court of Appeals, Moderator
- Richard Miles, Miles of Freedom
- Arielle Clarkson, Paul Quinn College
- Sergeant Willie Ford, Dallas Police Department
- Emily Thompson, widow of Brent Thompson
- Pastor Richie Butler, St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
|12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
|12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
||When Intuition Fails: Mental Shortcuts and Unconscious Bias
- Dr. Jeffrey Rachlinski, Cornell Law School
|2:00 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
|2:10 p.m. - 3:35 p.m.
||Deconstructing Our Decision-Making (Beyond the Bench Panel)
- Judge Scott McCown, UT School of Law, Moderator
- Caseworker: Tamara Hansen, Training Specialist, CPS
- Principal: Joe LaPuma, Creekview High School
- School Resource Officer: Chief Paul Thompson, West Rusk Co. Consolidated ISD
- Back-up Officer: Judge Lawrence Lujan, Sergeant, El Paso Police Department and Tribal Judge, Ysleta del Sur Pueblo
- Prosecutor: Patricia Cummings, Patricia Cummings Law Firm
- Mental Health Provider: Dr. Griselda Villalobos, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Defense Counsel: Carmen Roe, Carmen Roe Law Firm
- Judge: Cynthia Wheless, 417th District Court
- Youth: Kevin Lee, Student, Paul Quinn College
- Caregiver: Bishop Aaron Blake, Greater Faith Community Church
|3:35 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
|3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||From Words to Action: Developing a Plan (Breakout Session)
|4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
||Closing Remarks and Looking Forward
- Dr. Tony Evans, Pastor, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship