Guardianship Compliance Project
Guardianship Accountability Project (CAP)
- The OCA applied, through the National Center for State Courts (NCSC), to participate in the Conservatorship Accountability Project (CAP) project. Texas has received an implementation award to receive technical assistance to implement the Conservatorship Accountability Project (CAP).
- This project will use the extensive expertise and experience of the NCSC to support our work in adapting the Minnesota's "MyMNConservator" software to meet state laws, integrating the software with our statewide electronic filing system, and developing an implementation plan.
Guardianship Webinars and Articles
To help courts effectively handle the growing number of guardianship cases, the National Center for State Courts' (NCSC) Center for Elders and the Courts developed "How to Protect Our Nation's Most Vulnerable Adults Through Effective Guardianship Practices," a webinar that focuses on three objectives:
- to provide a general overview of the complexity and importance of guardianship cases,
- to share practices that enhance court efficiencies and oversight, and
- to provide action steps courts can take to improve guardianship practices.
The webinar, sponsored by the National Association for Court Management, based on its Adult Guardianship Guide, encouraged courts to improve data collection and move toward performance measures. General pre-adjudication and post-adjudication processes were noted, with fundamental activities and innovative practices underscored at each stage.
Article on "Judging Capacity in the Elder Population" Click Here.
Article on "Guides for managing someone else's money" Click Here.
Please find Texas Guardianship Cases: Improving Court Processes and Monitoring Practices in Texas Courts on the Studies & Special Reports Publications page.